In this policy Heycop describes how and for what purposes Heycop collects and uses personal data. Heycop respects the privacy of data subjects and will treat personal data in compliance with the applicable laws, in particular data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
1. WHOSE… personal data is being used?
Heycop may collect and handle personal data in relation to contact persons of its business partners (including customers) and visitors of its website(s).
2. WHAT… personal data is being used?
With respect to its business partners, Heycop will collect and handle the name and contact details of its contact persons and any other information that may be specifically asked for by us or made available by our business partners to us. With respect to our website visitors we collect and handle the personal data that they input on our website. Besides, Company’s servers automatically record certain data, such as URL, IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of the visit to the website.
3. WHY… is the personal data being used?
We shall use the personal data in the normal course of business. More specific, the purposes will include the following:
1) legal and compliance purposes;
2) sending personalized content and newsletters, mail, e-mails, features, promotional material, surveys and other updates;
3) delivering products and services and otherwise performing our agreements;
4) facilitating the online experience on the Company’s website(s);
5) to test information security measures of Company, e.g. by performing pen tests;
6) any other purposes that we may notify our business partners and data subjects of from time to time.
The use of data is based on the following legal grounds mentioned in the GDPR: the conclusion and performance of a contract with Company, to achieve the legitimate business interests of Company, to protect a vital interest of a natural person, compliance with a legal obligation to which Heycop is subject or with the consent of the data subject. If a data subject does not want to receive personalised content and newsletters, features, promotional material, surveys and other commercial communication, he/she may opt-out by sending an e-mail expressing the opt-out to email@example.com
4. WHOM… does Heycop share personal data with?
Heycop may make use of processors to support certain of our business functions for the purposes set out above. If and insofar as these third parties process personal data while doing this, they will do so on the basis of a processing agreement in accordance with the GDPR. Heycop will only supply personal data to surveillance, tax and investigative authorities if Heycop is obliged by law to do so. Only where a data subject has given his/her unambiguous consent beforehand, we may share the personal data with third parties who advertise in and around our programs and digital extensions, provide sponsorship and offer prizes, etc.
Sometimes it may be required to transfer personal data outside the European Union. Heycop will in such case only transfer the data in accordance with the applicable law and additional legal safeguards implemented by Heycop. Also where countries outside the European Union so not offer adequate safeguards for the protection of personal data, Heycop will satisfy the requirements the GDPR, e.g. by Heycop using contracts approved by the European Commission for the transfer of data to such countries.
5. WHAT… rights do data subjects have?
Heycop endeavours to only collect the minimum amount of personal data required. Heycop shall only retain personal data for the terms included in its data retention policy.
Any data subject can request
1) to be provided with a copy;
2) to correct or
3) to delete the personal data kept on file by Heycop;
4) to restrict the processing of the personal data;
5) to object to the use of the personal data or
6) to exercise any rights of data portability (i.e. to transfer the personal data), in accordance with applicable local laws including the GDPR. If the data subject wished to exercise any of these rights, please email Heycop at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A data subject may also raise complaints or concerns about Company’s use or other processing of his/her personal data with his/her local data protection authority if the data subject has residence in the European Union.